- Imaginary Lines: Pushing Week 37

Friday, July 15, 2005

Pushing Week 37

Tic, toc, tic, toc.

Just got back from the doctor, I'm 1-2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. Which means exactly nothing, except that I'm going to have a baby sometime in the next 3 weeks, which we already knew. Terrific.

They aren't going to induce me, as it doesn't look like this baby is going to be as big as my last, probably because I haven't been indulging in as much sugar. I guess.

Thomas had a tantrum when we got in the house from the doctor's, I guess because he fell asleep in the car and didn't get a long enough nap. I had to restrain his arms and legs so that he couldn't hurt himself or smash his head on the floor, which he loves to do when he's mad. He scratched my arm, knocked my glasses off, and smashed me in the mouth with his head. So I'm not in the best of moods at the moment. Of course after I started crying he calmed right down. I guess that's what it takes. Me in tears with a fat lip.

You can only imagine my delight when 10 minutes later he came running up to me with his hands covered in poop from his diaper.

What I would like to know, sometimes, is where did my baby go? Did someone come into my house and switch him with a monster when I wasn't looking?

It doesn't help that we just got back from lunch with my MIL, who just wants to let him run around and be destructive in her office. "Oh, that's okay!" she swoons. Uh, no, it's not okay for him to run around slamming doors and playing with telephones. He slammed the conference room door so hard that I'm pretty sure he broke it. We couldn't get it to open again. "Oh--that's okay." I'm sure that's just how your boss is going to feel about it!

No, it really isn't okay for him to be destructive. And she's the one who'll be taking care of him when I'm in the hospital. Great. I'll probably come home to more work than I left with.

I just want my baby back. I haven't seen very much of him since about a month before he turned 2. I don't like this part of his development so far. It seems to involve a lot of ME being the target of his inexplicable tantrums.

I just can't wait to have this baby so that his father can help me take care of him for a couple of weeks. I guess that's what it's come down to. I have to actually have a baby to get a break from my first one.

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm so sorry!
That sounds terrible!
I know it doesn't make you feel any better right now, but soon you will see your sweet boy back. After the baby has been here for awhile and you can really get up and REALLY run around with him he'll show his true sweet self again.
It's something ALL children go through. I remember many times crying wondering what I did or DIDN'T do to make Logan behave the way he did.
I must say that today, I couldn't be prouder of the almost 4 yr old he's turned into!
You're doing great! This parenthood thing is hard, huh?
37 weeks! SO, sometime in the next 5 weeks for sure, huh?
WOW!!
Look you take such a long leave and here you're already almost due! (At least to us it sure flew by! ;)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Sporty said...

I can't wait to hear that you have had the little one. I am sorry that you are having such a hard time with Thomas right now. I can't give any advice or say that I understand, because I don't. Seeing that this will be my first (and I still have a way to go), I am worried that I won't make a good mom at all. Oh well, I am sure that everyone goes through that.

Anyway, take care of yourself! I am sure that everything will be fine and he will be back to his oldself in no time at all.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger مركز الاختيار للطب النفسي said...

شركة تنظيف فلل بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف شقق بالجبيل

 

Post a Comment

<< Home