- Imaginary Lines: She Hits the 36 Week Point

Friday, July 08, 2005

She Hits the 36 Week Point

Tomorrow, that is. We have an ultrasound on Tuesday to see how big the little guy is, and then they'll check my cervix on Friday to see what kind of shape it's in. Yay.

With Thomas they never checked my cervix until I was actually in labor. It seems to me that this is the better way to do things, the not checking, seeing that it doesn't really tell you anything.

My sister was 3 centimeters dilated with her last baby for 4 weeks. They finally got things rolling by breaking her water.

So, anyway. I have internal exam anxiety. I get over it quickly once the mind-blowing pain of labor really gets going.

Tonight Thomas went to be a bit early so I took the time to start putting all of Ryan's clothes away and I even packed my hospital bag.

Part of me is terrified of what I am going to do with 2 babies and how I'm going to care for them and the house and everything else....the other part of me would love to go into labor right now. My body is totally ready to be done with this pregnancy. I remember feeling the same way with Thomas. Once I hit 36 weeks I just kept waiting for any little sign that things were going to get going...soon. I didn't get any hint until the night before I went into labor, and that was a little bit of blood-tinged mucous. That was it. At 2 AM I woke up with painful contractions and the rest is history.

My feet are too fat to fit into my sandals. I hope that this is just swelling, and not something permanent. I remember having to buy special really big shoes last time too. I probably won't wear regular shoes until the baby is a couple of weeks old. My feet are already a size 11, so you know I'm never finding shoes if my feet go up a size.

The only other feeling I have is a lot of pressure in the pelvic region. I don't know if this means that the baby is engaged or not, but I do feel him pushing his head down toward the exit--like he's trying to find his way out. I'm sure it's getting cramped in there, he's probably wondering what happened to his comfy home.

In other boring news--our hot water heater is broken. Well, it starts when the husband starts it--and then it goes out again in a day--so more money down the drain for that.

Tomorrow is my sister's baby shower--which should be fun. My MIL wanted to give me one, but I said no. I'm just not feeling up to it--not to mention it would just make my lack of friends glaringly obvious to my family. I don't know anyone but Thomas any more. Well, I could do a lot worse.

I'm going to go to bed now, and I hope I get a chance to see my husband sometime this weekend. I'm soon going to do something violent to those people that he works for who do not realize how long his hours are and how little he gets to see his family. Not to mention the stress of having to do everything myself...poor me.

To anyone still reading...thanks...and have a lovely weekend.

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Mrs. D. said...

Still reading!

Oh Erin.. I can't believe you are almost THERE!!! I am so happy for you! Hopefully these last couple of weeks will FLY by and Ryan will be here soon!

Did you know Ryan is one of our top names... but for a girl.. RYANNE... Anyway... I am so thrilled for you! Can't wait until he's here!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Jessigirl said...

I am waiting with baited breathe to hear about this baby being born. It's too bad you can't email us on the way to the hospital to say you are going in...LOL

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still reading?!? Love you, dear. If I lived in NY where I would really like to live (ah, in due time) then I would have a shower for you. Don't feel bad, I don't even have a child and we NEVER have anyone over. My Dad came by today and my dog was so excited, he was like, "Does ANYONE ever come over here?" We just looked at the floor and shook our heads. It is better that way sometimes.

PS - I go in bewtween a 9 and 10 for shoes. Women with big feet have bigger brains. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home