- Imaginary Lines: He Sings His First Song

Friday, April 29, 2005

He Sings His First Song

It goes a little something like this, "Ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba, BA BAAAA, BA BAAAA."

Allow me to translate. "Sponge Bob Square Pants, Sponge Bob Square Pants, SPONGE BOB, SQUARE PAAANTS!"

This is a big thing for my late-talker. The speech therapist thinks he is almost a year behind with his speech. After much deliberating, his father and I are going to get in touch with someone to come to the house for therapy.

Each time I have to make a decision regarding my son, I feel like the weight of the world has fallen onto my shoulders. It's such a huge responsibility. I hope I'm getting it right.

The books are going over great, by the way. I HAD to read nine books before bed time last night, most of which were from his new Sandra Boynton collection. He loves all of his new books.

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Lala said...

As long as you do SOMETHING,you're doing fine. Don't worry so much, yo're going to do all you can for him and that is so much more than you know.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sandra Boynton books are great. Li loves to look at the pictures and have us read them even though she doesn't understand the stories at all yet.

Good luck to you with your struggles. I haven't written about this yet but we're having Li evaluated by Early Intervention in our county for speech therapy because she wasn't talking in China either, before we got her. So I'm diving into that morass as well. Good luck to you. And thanks for stopping by!

JenEx

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog about car part detroit. I also have a Blog/Website about car part detroit which is why I enjoyed this blog so much. Keep up the excellent work! Check out my site if you have a moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home