- Imaginary Lines: Give Me Some Kind of Sign, Lord...

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Give Me Some Kind of Sign, Lord...

Lord, I have never prayed for you to give me another baby, not really. It seemed too selfish a prayer, and too unrealistic. I mean, if you were giving babies out to those who pray for them, there would be a lot of people in front of me on the waiting list.

But this morning, I actually sent up one of those "pleading" prayers:

Please, Lord, give me some sign that this pregnancy is healthy, that everything is going to be okay. And if it isn't okay, please don't make me wait weeks and weeks before finding out, I'm not sure if I could take it.

And finally, the only prayer that I think has real meaning:

Thy Will Be Done, Lord. Please grant me the strength and wisdom to accept your will over my own. (But I hope your will is for this pregnancy to be healthy.)

Amen.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Still praying all is going well!
Did you have an appt yet?

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger ErinMary said...

Jennifer,
Thanks for checking in with me! As far as I know, everything is fine. My husband changed jobs recently, and we won't have insurance until January.
With my son I wasn't seen in the office until I was 8 weeks either, but now it seems like an eternity...so much can happen in 8 weeks!

I've been reading back in your blog from when you were first pregnant. It helps me a lot.
-Erin

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog - vitamin k food **!**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home