- Imaginary Lines: In Hiding...

Thursday, December 09, 2004

In Hiding...

Ugh. I've been hiding this week. The nausea has started, just enough to scare me about what's to come. Yes, yes, I know. I wanted the nausea so I could believe that my pregnancy was okay. Well, guess what? I have the nausea, and I keep telling myself that it doesn't prove anything! Figures, right?

I'm fine when I wake up in the morning. It's getting out of bed that sets off the nausea. I go get Thomas out of his crib, and we go downstairs to get some breakfast. Of course, the last thing you want to do when you feel awful is stick some food in your mouth, but you have to. It's the only way to get the sick feeling under control.

I also made the mistake yesterday of eating a big tuna sandwich for lunch. After I ate it, it just sat there in the bottom of my stomach all day. The high levels of progesterone in my pregnant body cause the food I eat to just sit in my stomach, undigested, for ungodly lengths of time. I'm going to try not to make that mistake today. Maybe I'll have a little soup and bread for lunch.

Actually, it has been reassuring. The sickness means that the baby is growing, and demanding more and more from by body. It has also made me want to hide-out in the house and just let the world outside go on by. Bye. I've been wearing sweatpants all week long, not only for comfort, but because nothing else fits me right now. I can't wear my jeans because they dig into my belly. I can pretend to want to wear them for about half an hour, and then they come off.

And I'm fat. I've gained 4-5 lbs. already. I cannot gain 70 lbs. with this pregnancy like I did with the last. I don't have the luxury of starting this one 30 lbs. lighter. So, no fast food. No milk shakes.

I also can't sleep. Last night I lay in bed feeling sick and being assaulted with acid reflux. I propped myself up on two pillows with my arms limp at my sides, pretending I was in a coma. It helps me sleep. But before I got a chance to drift off, Thomas was crying. He has never been good at sleeping, and for his first 10 months I would sometimes be up with him 4 times in one night. He still gets up a couple of times a week, and it's getting a little frustrating. Sleep, baby! Twenty minutes later he was back in bed, and so was I, but then I was up again to go pee. Yeah!

I pretty much hibernated when I was pregnant with Thomas, too. It's fine for me, but it's really not okay for Thomas. He has to see more of the world than the grocery and his mother in sweatpants. Tomorrow I'm taking him to the library for toddler read-and-play time. I can't wait to see him interacting with the other babies. We tried a similar group about a month ago, but we got there only to find 4 babies ranging in age from 5-11 months old. Thomas is way too mature for that crowd. This one is for babies 3 and under, more his speed. I hope he has fun. I hope I don't throw up while we're there. I hope I find something besides sweats to wear out in public.

Oh yeah, I'm 5 weeks and 4 days today! We're getting there.

6 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jessigirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Lala said...

Don't wanna scare you but Jackson didn't sleep well for four whole years. Can't imagine TWO small ones running around. Wow

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jessigirl said...

I didn't mean to remove it, I was trying to read my comment, but what I said was...

I have heard a couple of remedies for early pregnancy nausea. You could get some of those motion sickness braclelets and that will help a little and the other thing I have heard is to keep some crackers by your bed so when you wake up you can nibble on them a little. My SIL had ALL day nausea like you and she just constantly ate little snacks like crackers or granola bars, or popcorn...

I thought I would try and help as much as I can! Hope you feel better!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger ErinMary said...

Lala,
I KNOW! Lol. It's going to be a lot of work. But I'm thrilled they'll have each other to grow up with. Hopefully I'll still be sane by the time they're old enough to sleep through the night. Well, since I'm not too sane to begin with, it doesn't look too good for me...

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger ErinMary said...

JMS,
I was wondering what you could've said that needed to be deleted! Yeah, eating little bits helps. Eating a big meal makes me sick, eating nothing makes me sick, so it has to be small meals. Constantly. Thus the big weight gain. Oh well.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure all moms would agree that
morning sickness week four through six is the toughest pregnancy symptom. Just imagine daily episodes of nausea and vomiting. Good news is that its completely manageable using simple home remedies along with simple lifestyle changes. All you need to do is find one that will work on your body.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home