- Imaginary Lines: Yick.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Yick.

I have just felt too awful to blog. Not to mention, when I am here, I just go on and on about how sick I am. But it's my blog, damnit.

I'm ssssick. Hhhhelp.

Finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday. I had to pay out-of-pocket ($115), but I got my prescription for phenergan. I haven't made it to the drug store to fill it yet, because I haven't felt well enough, and I didn't want to drag Thomas back out into the sub-zero windchill. And in case you are wondering where my husband is, he usually works these awful hours. He actually did offer to go back out a 9PM after he got home to get it filled, but I didn't want him to.

I also got my orders for blood work and an ultrasound, for the day when my insurance does finally kick in. I saw the nurse practitioner. She seemed very nice, didn't give me that condescending head nodding while I wondered aloud if there's any way I can know that this pregnancy is okay without blood work or an ultrasound. She seemed to understand. At least, that was my perception, which is what is important, after all.

She also reassured me that the fact that I have had one miscarriage does not make me more likely to have another one. "I mean, if you had had three, that would be different," she said.

So, hopefully that insurance card will come in the mail any day now.

Either way, I'm off to the drug store today. Small price for some relief from this yickiness. I have to go vomit now.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

ohhh dear... I am so very sorry you are so ill and having to deal with so very much. Please know that I am out here in the blogospere rooting and cheering you onwards...

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Erin.. sorry I haven't responded to your comments on my blog.. as you can tell I haven't been posting too much. You are welcome to link our sites... maybe all those other women out there TTC will find comfort in my struggles as well! Hope you get that script filled soon and start feeling better! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home