- Imaginary Lines: The Morning Sickness Grocery List.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The Morning Sickness Grocery List.

There are a few foods that provide some comfort during this difficult time. Here's some of what gets thrown in the cart as Thomas and I are jetting through the aisles:

Haagan Dazs Vanilla Frozen Yogurt

Triscuits (original) and sharp cheddar

Raisin Bran (good for a small meal--good for the constipation)

Bagels--and cream cheese

Muffins--preferably blueberry

Ginger Ale

Grape Juice--for a quick sugar fix

Popsicles

Grapes

Apples

Sometimes, soup, if it's not too spicy. Otherwise I'll be tasting it all day.

How long can I live off of just that list?

The list might shrink or grow as the morning sickness changes. I find it's best to dry-heave before a meal. It seems to settle the stomach a little.

Remember--small meals--frequently. Being hungry will make you dry-heave, but being over-stuffed will make you wish you were, well, it'll make you regret it. Big Time.

Still holding steady at a 5 lb. weight gain. This is good. If I can keep it under 1 lb a week, I'll be doing great.

Actually, it hasn't been nearly as bad so far as it was with Thomas, but it's early. Even when I was almost 8 weeks pregnant, I can remember not having to throw up ALL day long. (I remember because that is when we got married, he he).

And for those who think I'm a big fat wimp, I don't get your "average" morning sickness. I have to be medicated so that it doesn't KILL me or the baby. When I was 36 weeks with Thomas they tried to take me off of the meds, and I was puking constantly. Every 5 minutes. Ed had to call and get me a script in the middle of the night.

Please Check out this link on severe morning sickness for more information.

6 weeks and 3 days today! Boy, it's just flying by, isn't it? Only 3 seasons to go until this baby is due.

3 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Hi, Erin. My thoughts are with you as you go through this time. I thank you for putting in the information about severe morning sickness. I had it also, so bad to the point where at my worst time, I was at the ER 4 times in one week for IV's. So many people hear morning sickness and they say, oh, mine only lasted.....go to hell. They just don't understand. I am following your posts (I am on the TTC board at PW) and I wish you lots of luck and a very happy, healthy pregnancy! Have a great day!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey, I think that list is pretty good! Just eat what you can when you can! I didn't have it bad with Logan, but this one was pretty hard. (NOTHING like yours though) I had to get on medication for the first couple months and had to go in for an IV for dehydration and often wondered how people who have it REALLY bad make it though!
Rest up sweetie!
It will start going fast SOON! I promise!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Lala said...

My sympathies, that's kinda blah. Got FertilityBlend down there? Did I ask you already?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home