- Imaginary Lines: So Much For Intuition

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

So Much For Intuition

Yesterday was the big day, and everything went great. Of course they make me sit there with a bladder that was about to explode until about half an hour past when my appointment was scheduled, but I guess that’s to be expected.

Boy, was I wrong. Did I say boy? Because that’s what we’re having! It was awesome, watching him jump and kick, he was so active! It looked like he was doing aerobic kick boxing. He is already measuring a week ahead, but that’s just because we have very big babies. Since Thomas was 10 lbs. 1 ounce, I’m a little afraid of how big this one is going to be.

So much for this woman’s intuition. I was right about Thomas being a boy, big deal. Like I said to my sister, it doesn’t really matter much what I think if I’m wrong. I thought for sure it was a girl in there!

After thinking about it though, it may just be that I have a hard time picturing myself with any other little boy but Thomas. In my mind he is perfect, and we can’t do any better. I guess a girl was just easier for me to imagine, since I don’t have one yet.

Now I can’t wait to meet him. I wonder if he’ll look a lot like Thomas, or if he’ll be completely different. We’ve already settled on Ryan for his first name.

I’ll post a picture of the ultrasound later, I think I left it downstairs. The tech was very aloof (they usually are) and didn’t really take a lot of time to show us the baby. I guess what’s amazing to us is just another day at work for these people. I guess we just have to take what we can get!

I’m 18 weeks and 3 days today, by the way. Baby was measuring 19 weeks and 2 days as of yesterday.

5 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Mrs. D. said...

Congratulations on your SON!!!! So happy for you!!!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I thought I would quit lurking and post something. I am so happy for you. It must be the best feeling in the world to be able to see your baby boy kicking around in there. I remember you from the TTC board on PW and I am just so happy for you! Enjoy yourself! Are you completely over the sickness now? I sure hope so. Congrat's again!

Heather M.

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

COngrats Erin! It's Erin and Joey (from PW TTC)..I've been lurking for a bit and am in the same boat as you..I'm due the last week of June with another BOY as well (Joey just turned 2)..and it also took me 20 wks to get over killer all day sickness..TG for Zofran or I wouldn't have been able to work..and Ryan is one of our top 5 name choices..too funny..hope we can keep in touch..

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Lala said...

Good goody Gumdrops Erin. Congrats on the good news! So...about lunch.....is there a Ponderosa nearby?

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's fantastic news..Congrats... A little baby boy... Now you can call him a "he" instead of "it", it's a bonding experience in itself I think... I remember the uncomfortable travel and wait with the full bladder..
Have a good one..
lesley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home